Remedies For Tick Removal From Dogs/Surroundings

Recently I've been talking a lot about dogs and ticks, in relation to the harmful threats they pose.



The only time I have problem with ticks is when I'm bringing in a new dog into my home. When this happens, I explore some means to make sure I eliminate the ticks and make sure they don't affect other dogs in the home.

How do I get rid of ticks permanently from my Dogs?


Chemical Bathe

Giving your dog a flea bathe would reduce the number of living ticks. This can not totally eradicate ticks as some would still be in the surroundings.

Tick/Flea Spray

Actually, the Tick spray should be applied 30 minutes before the bathe. You don't want to leave any residue of the spray on your dog as this might also be harmful. Particularly, spray the armpits, in-between the paws, the belly. Avoid the eyes are ears.

How do I get rid of ticks in my surroundings/compound?

Eliminating ticks in your surroundings is not just enough. Leftover ticks/eggs in the surroundings can still harm your pet.


  • Be careful when you use Fumigants/pesticides.



  • Do a chemical wash. Add some amount of chemical you have used to bathe the dog in water and wash the surroundings with it.



  • Employ Chickens.



This is my most powerful tool. Infact when I bring in a new dog, my chickens gather around the dog for ticks. They also help I'm reducing ticks in corners/surroundings. Funny but much helpful.

Try these tips and you'll soon have a tick-free home.